Anupam Kher laments on sidelined by big Bollywood directors
Anupam Kher laments on sidelined by big Bollywood directors

Veteran actor Anupam Kher infamous for calling spade a spade, recently lamented that he was stopped getting offers from bigwig directors such as Karan Johar, Sajid Nadiawala, and Aditya Chopra.

During a recent interview, the seasoned actor opened up, “I am not a part of mainstream cinema in India today. I am not. I am not doing any Karan Johar film, I am not doing any Sajid Nadiadwala film, I am not doing any Aditya Chopra film because the offers have not come. I was a darling of all these people. I have done everybody’s films. But I am not blaming them for not casting me anymore. But because they were not casting me in their films, I found a path where I did a Tamil film called Connect, I did a Telugu film called Tiger Nageswara Rao. I have also done Sooraj Barjatya’s Uunchai.”

The DDLJ actor also divulged that even though it pains him, he firmly believes that when one door shuts, many other windows & doors open. He stated, “Otherwise I could’ve have sat down & said, ‘Who were once my friends are now ignoring me and not offering films.. But, it’s not a complaint & neither am I holding it against them. I am just saying that sometimes when one door shuts, so many other windows and doors open.

Anupam Kher will be slated to appear in the upcoming period film Emergency beside Kangana Ranaut.